Think and Learn-2015, TLP Mains 2015, UPSC, UPSC Mains- Think and Learn-2015
Must Refer– Comprehensive Mains Strategy Weekly Plans
Day 45 – TLP: AGRICULTURAL ISSUES
1. What is commodities exchange? What are the mechanisms in India to regulate commodities exchange? Discuss its importance with regard to agriculture sector.
2. According to National Sample Survey Organization, 33 % of all farm households have less than 0.4 hectares of land. Also majority of farmers in India are small and marginal farmers. Critically analyze the initiatives taken by government to address concerns of farmers. Also suggest some measures in this regard.
3. India is largest producer of pulses in theworld. Still India imports large quantities of pulses. Critically examine the reasons for low productivity of pulses in India.
4. Do you think river-linking projects could be one stop solution for irrigation woes of agriculture sector, especially when majority of Indian agriculture is rain fed? Substantiate.
5. What are the different types of irrigation methods practiced in India? Evaluate each method on its merits and demerits.
For a dedicated peer group, Motivation & Quick updates, Join our official telegram channel – https://t.me/IASbabaOfficialAccount
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE to watch Explainer Videos, Strategy Sessions, Toppers Talks & many more…