Click on the links and then answer on respective questions!
Day 61- SOCIAL ISSUES
1. Discuss if India’s soaring aspirations towards economic development and the mandate of eliminating poverty have been able to complement each other well in a highly globalized scenario? Critically examine.
2. The death of 13 women, who underwent the sterilisation procedure of tubectomy in Chhattisgarh, pushes India to re-think about the different family planning options available. Should the camp-based procedure continue to operate or there are any methods to better still, the way it’s being carried out?
1. What reasons can be attributed for the development deficit in the Muslim community of India? Do you think affirmative action or positive discrimination on part of the State is the only way out? Critically examine.
2. In a democratic state like India, can freedom to vote be separated from the freedom to contest in elections? In light of the recent introduction of a set of educational qualifications to be attained, do you think that an educational qualification shall prevail over fundamental rights of the citizens of India? Analyse.
3. The moment we stop judging the issue of uniform civil code through the lens of religion and majoritarianism and rather strive to arrive at a negotiated understanding with respect to protection of human rights in general and women rights in particular, the uniform civil code won’t remain a distant reality. Critically comment.