Click on the links and then answer on respective questions!
Day 76- CONSTITUTION & COMPARISON AND HOT
1) American Constitution contains just seven articles and it came into force in 1789. Since then there has only been twenty seven amendments. On contrary Indian Constitution is the bulkiest constitution that has been amended more than 100 times. Does this mean that Indian Constitution is flawed and has to be corrected from time to time ?
2) During Constitutional debates, Dr B R Ambedkar advocated for reservation of socially and economically backward classes. Now, even after almost seven decades of independence, reservation still exists. Recently demands are being raised for reverse discrimination. What is reverse discrimination? What steps can be taken to check these demands?
3) Many provisions of Directive Principles of State Policy (DPSP) were put under this part because at the time of Independence the economic condition of India was not as such to make them justiciable. Do you think that now since we have progressed economically, some of these provisions should be made justiciable in court of law ? If yes, what provisions and Why ? If no, Why not?
4. Allowing foreign law firms to operate in India will not only promote competition and enhance the efficiency of Indian law firms but also reinforce the commitment of the state to do away with the roadblocks that hinder the flow of foreign investment. However, adequate safeguards should be put in place before foreign law firms are permitted in India. Comment.
5. Ethics in politics is at the all time low. Elections are being contested by manufacturing perceptions and on medieval issues with hardly any trace of accountability. Does this state of politics in India reflect badly on the mindset of the society? Critically examine.
6. The 40th anniversary of the imposition of emergency was an opportune moment to contemplate about the resilience of the institutions to withstand any onslaught on democracy in India. What do you think of the 1975 emergency? What lessons did we learnt from it? Did the emergency work as a bitter antibiotic that rather strengthened Indian democracy? Examine.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :