Q.1) PRABAL DOSTYK is a joint military exercise between India and which of the following countries?
Q.2) 2016 marks the 50th anniversary of International Literacy Day (ILD)
- The theme for ILD-2016 is Literacy and Sustainable Societies
- It was established by UNESCO
Select the correct statement(s)
- Only 1
- Only 2
- Both 1 and 2
- None of the above
Q.3) Cauvery water dispute has been a bone of contention between Karnataka and Tamil Nadu for decades now. Consider the below statements in regard to inter-state water disputes and select the incorrect statement(s):
- Constitution of India provides for the adjudication of inter-state water disputes.
- Inter-State Water Disputes Act (1956) empowers the Central government to establish a river board on the request of the state governments concerned to advise them.
- Inter-State Water Disputes Act also empowers the Central government to set up an ad hoc tribunal for the adjudication of a dispute between two or more states in relation to the waters of an inter-state river or river valley.
- Both (b) and (c)
Q.4) Which one of the following countries is not a member of the Nordic Council?
- United Kingdom
Q.5) The lowering of bank rate by the reserve bank of India leads to
- Mobilization of more deposits by commercial banks
- More liquidity in the market
- Less liquidity in the market
- No change in the liquidity in the market
Download the Solution- Click here
All the best