Think Learn & Perform (TLP) : Geography [Day 31]
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Mahanadi river
- Mount Abu
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Morphology of rural settlements
- Dispersed settlement
- Environmental issues in rural settlements
- Significance of village roads
3. The ‘Housing for All’ scheme must produce an integrated habitat in the rural areas and not just structures made up of bricks and mortars. Do you agree? Substantiate. (20 marks)
4. By taking suitable examples, discuss the significance of common property resources in rural settlement. (15 marks)
5. Compare and contrast the morphology of rural settlements in north and south India. (15 marks)
Note: No separate links will be provided for answering the questions. All questions can be answered on the same page.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :