TLP Sociology Optional 2017 [10th July]: Day 1
Write short answers of the following questions in about 150-200 words each: (2×10 = 20 Marks)
- Emergence of Sociology is an outcome of modernity and social change in Europe.
- ‘Sociology has a long past but very short history’. Comment
Answer the following questions in about 300 words each: (3×20 = 60 Marks)
- How did the three revolutions – Industrial Revolution, Scientific Revolution and Social and Political Revolution play an important role in the emergence of Sociology?
- The Enlightenment period is considered as the most appropriate point of departure in the study of the origins of sociological theory. Explain why.
- Discuss Auguste Comte’s contribution in shaping Sociology.