TLP OPTIONAL – 2017 : Anthropology [26th Aug, 2017] – Day 41
1) Define kinship & throw light on ‘functional importance’ of kinship in Anthro.
2) Explain the salient features of Descent and Alliance theories. Discuss their relevance to the analysis and understanding of social structure
3) Discuss the distinguishing features of unilineal, bilineal and bilateral kin groups with Suitable examples in support of your answer.
4) What is Kinship System? Describe the changing roles of the system in the context of westernization in India.
1) Describe the Paleoanthropological fossil finds from Siwalik Hills. Examine the contribution of Siwalik fossils to paleoanthropological knowledge.
2) Describe the evolutionary significance of the fossil finds of the Narmada Basin.
3) Examine the debates related to Ramapithecus.
4) Controversy over the existence of Negrito racial strain in Indian population.