TLP Geography Optional 2018 [3rd August]: Day
We are here once again with the online answer writing initiative for Geography Optional. The initiative will run for 50 days stretched in 10 weeks. On a daily basis, 5 questions shall be posted. Please note that no synopsis or review shall be provided. However, we encourage peer review.
You can download the schedule here.
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Lesser Himalayas
- NH 8
- Indira Point
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Arctic Council
- Epidemics in India
3. Are geopolitical theories given by Mackinder and Spykman still relevant? Critically examine. (20 marks)
4. How does migration lead to slum development. Examine the problem associated with slums in India. (15 marks)
5. What should be the contours of India’s population policy? Suggest. (15 marks)
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Checkout some important links :