UPSC PRELIMS 2019: General Studies PAPER 1 (OPEN TO ALL FULL MOCK 1)- 60 DAYS PROGRAMME
As promised, here we are with the First Full Mock. Before you proceed kindly go through the below suggestions very carefully. (Do leave your comments regarding the Standard & Quality of The Mock while uploading the OMR 🙂 )
Things to Remember
- Download the Question Paper and take the exam sincerely with a stopwatch by your side.
- After you are done marking the OMR, take the screenshot of the OMR and upload here in the comment section.
- Answer Key/Solution will be updated TONIGHT. So it’s better, if you solve it TODAY and upload the OMR.
- You have Full-Day (15th May) to solve this Mock and upload your OMR before Solutions are posted at 10 PM. (We are not restricting it to a particular time to have enough flexibility)
- Once the answer key is uploaded, fill the shared Google Form with your score. Be honest while filling the score.
- You will be given a LINK to fill your scorecard once ANSWER KEYS/SOLUTIONS are posted (10 PM).
How to increase your productivity in the Mock? Follow this to minimize your negatives?
This is applicable to aspirants who have done decent preparation and are worried about negative marking. This is in no way applicable to aspirants who go on to score well beyond cut off every time. They do not need any advice 🙂
- Glance through the question paper from Question 1 to 100. Just look at the keywords of the questions without reading the details. It is to make sure you have some familiarity with the paper. It will boost your confidence.
- Irrespective of the level of the paper, you will be able to confidently solve many questions for sure (provided your preparation is decent)
- Divide the time into THREE rounds.
- First Round: Focus only on those questions in which you have 100% confidence that X is the answer. Mark them first. Remember that these questions in the first round are based on 100% accuracy. (Tick such questions)
- Second Round: Since you have gone through all 100 questions in the first round, must know a number of questions in which you do not have any idea. These are the questions in which no elimination, no guesses and nothing will work. Cross mark such questions first.
- Third Round: You have to spend quality time in this round. Forget about questions (Crossed Marked in 2nd Round) and never turn back to them at any cost. In this round, apply your consolidated knowledge, application of mind, elimination method, intellectual guesses and arrive at the answer.
MUST READ articles for PRELIMS – These articles are exclusively Prelims related, where the UPSC Topper’s and IASbaba have shed some light on how to tackle Prelims, Elimination method, How to minimize negatives etc. Make the Best use of the articles below.
Example- last year, UPSC had asked,
Which of the following are Sun Temples in India and the third option was Omkareshwar Temple? At first glance, this question might seem very tough for many of you. But if you remember that Omkareshwar (OM- Shiva) and hence it cannot be a SUN Temple. By eliminating option-3, you can arrive at the correct answer because out of four, three options had 3 as the number.
Similarly, there are many such questions. So, focus on such questions carefully.
- Your target should be minimizing negatives. And if the paper seems tough, do not over attempt.
- Many times senses are put to rest and you read something else while the question is something else 🙂 This happens because of 2 Reasons. 1) You are in a hurry to complete the paper. 2) You are over-confident in a subject. So patiently read the complete question, without any assumptions.
- Be alert while reading the questions. Correct/Incorrect/NOT Correct should be read clearly.
- If you know more than 70 questions with confidence, go with it 🙂
- Last but not the least, many questions can be answered by using Common Sense, so do apply it 🙂
DOWNLOAD- QUESTION PAPER
ANSWER KEY/SOLUTION-CLICK HERE
RANK LIST & CUT OFF-CLICK HERE
PLEASE UPDATE YOUR SCORES HERE – CLICK HERE
- Be honest and upload the OMR sheet in the comment section.
- Your honesty will let us come up with a correct rank list and cut off.
- Kindly leave your comments regarding the Standard of The Mock.
All the very best!
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Checkout some important links :