PRELIMS EXCLUSIVE:: IASbaba’s Prelims Exclusive Programme (PEP) – UPSC PRELIMS 2020
- Is thinking of Prelims creating nightmares?
- Is Time Management bothering you?
- What should be my strategy/plan for the next 6 months to clear Prelims?
- How do some seniors constantly clear Prelims?
- How should I remove my fear of Unpredictability in Prelims?
- How many questions should I attempt to clear the cut off?
- What/How should I read for Prelims?
- Which subject should I focus more on, for clearing the cut-off?
- Should I focus on Static/Core subjects or Current Affairs?
If these are the questions that are bombarding you and making you spend sleepless nights, then continue reading.
View the VIDEO, to Know More about IASbaba's PEP 2020
First 3 minutes 11 seconds - Changing Trend of UPSC Prelims
From 3 minutes 12 seconds onwards - About Prelims Exclusive Programme (PEP)
It’s every aspirant’s dream to crack UPSC in the 1st attempt! For that to happen, the Preliminary exam is the most important stage in civil services preparation. Nearly five lakh people appear but less than 12000 get through it. That means less than 2.5% is the success rate.
It happens once in a year. If you fail, you have to wait for one whole year to appear for the next prelims. This phase of waiting is most challenging. There are many who are unable to clear it even in five attempts. Failing it is even more demotivating because it is the first stage of UPSC preparation.
Clearing Prelims depends on many factors like, how many revisions you do, how many tests you solve, sources you refer to etc. But most importantly your performance on the D-Day – your presence of mind, your time-management and your calmness throughout those crucial 2 hours.
Problem here is not lack of talent, but lack of confidence, strategy, and some questions required only use of common sense. Off late especially after 2017, UPSC prelims exam has been about logical elimination and common sense approach where even if you do not know the exact answer, you can still make it right and can clear prelims.
Nearly 70% of those clearing prelims are just around the cut-off score who are always under pressure till the result of prelims comes is out. The answer key is not released by UPSC and the variable scores by various answer keys leads to further confusion. It means a loss of one month of preparation until the result comes out.
Also there are many who aspire to be part of Indian Forest Service (IFoS). And the cut-off for IFoS is higher than the Civil Services Exam (CSE) cut-off.
- So do you want to clear the Preliminary stage with atleast 10 marks above the cutoff?
- Do you want to start Mains preparation just after Prelims exam instead of waiting for the Prelims results?
- Do you want to write Indian Forest Service (IFoS) Mains?
Now, you need not worry about Prelims because IASBABA is coming up with an Exclusive MENTORSHIP programme for PRELIMS known as Prelims Exclusive Programme (PEP) !!
Our Hit Ratio:
- 2016 Prelims: 70+ questions
- 2017 Prelims: 68+ questions
- 2018 Prelims- 65+ questions
- 2019 Prelims- 70+ questions
About Prelims Exclusive Programme (PEP):
Off late UPSC Prelims has become very unpredictable and with increased dynamism and difficulty level in UPSC Prelims, just a Test Series will not work this time. We have come up with an inclusive Prelims programme which will include Classes, Topper’s discussing their Prelims Strategy, What to Focus and What not to Read, Strategy Classes, Tests, Mentorship in a nut-shell.
PEP is a ONE STOP DESTINATION FOR PRELIMS PREPARATION ….!!!
PEP Features in a nut-shell:
Also you can avail the Programme on À la carte basis- ONLY – Prelims Strategy Classes (or) Subject-wise Daily Class and Tests (or) Prelims oriented Current Affairs Classes & Tests
Kindly look below the Payment Section for more Details about the pricing of the Programme.
Complete Details about the Programme:
1. Mentorship Based Programme
Each student will be assigned a mentor. Your Mentor will be guiding you, hand-holding you throughout your preparation till Prelims 31st May, 2020.
2. Topper’s Enrichment Sessions
Topper’s will be taking sessions on their Prelims Strategy & their Experience– what worked for them, what did not, motivation session etc.
3. Prelims Strategy Classes (1-Week Program)
On how to Prepare, How to apply Tricks/Techniques- on Real-Time basis (from well researched set of 300-500 questions), Sources to refer for Prelims. These classes will be held from Monday to Saturday. Each class will be of 3 hours duration.
Please Note that, in these Strategy Classes Only 30 students per batch will be taken for giving individual attention. This applies to strategy classes ONLY. These classes will run from 6th January to 29th February, 2020.
Prelims Strategy Classes are divided into two parts. The Classes provides a holistic guidance of prelims preparation, so that your armoury will be full of tools to counter any pattern of prelims exam.
It will help in clearing all your doubts with regard to prelims exam.
From the start of your preparation till the day of the exam:
- What sources to refer?
- How/What to read & What not to read?
- How to read specific content like India Year Book, Economic Survey, Budget, Atlas (Maps), Current affairs, Government Schemes/Policies.
- Analysis of previous year UPSC questions and latest trends and many more….!
- How to Revise and how many times to Revise a subject?
During the Prelims Exam:
This part focuses on how to solve a test. This will help you in how to manage those 2 crucial hours in the exam hall.
- How to solve the test, how many tests to take
- How many questions to attempt
- Time Management -How many rounds should one take to solve the paper? What kind of questions to attempt in the 1st round.
- Which questions to attempt, when to attempt, which ones to leave etc
- How to analyse the test paper and gauge the number of attempts to be taken, the risk factors involved etc.
- It includes various tricks/techniques which will help you to solve prelims questions with 70%-80% accuracy using various tricks/techniques/logic. Structure-crafted after well-researched and analysis of previous UPSC papers and using years of experience by experts.
- Making you practice and apply these techniques on real-time basis from 300-500 well researched set of questions in the class itself, so that you are all ready to conquer Prelims 2020.
DAILY SCHEDULE of PRELIMS STRATEGY CLASSES (1 Week-Program):
These classes will start from 6th January 2020
|PRELIMS STRATEGY CLASS|
|Part 1||Part 1|
Day 1 & Day 2
|Day 4||Discussion on 12 tricks/techniques and applying them on 100 questions.|
|Day 5||Revision of 12 tricks/techniques and applying them on further 100 questions.|
|Day 6||Solving 150-200 questions through tricks.|
4. Subject-wise Daily Class and Tests:
- Polity – 10 Classes
- Geography -10 Classes
- Economics – 10 Classes
- History and Art & Culture – 14 Classes
- Science & Technology – 8 Classes
- Environment – 8 Classes
- CSAT – 10 Classes. Each CSAT Test will be followed by Discussion Class on Strategies & Short-cuts.
Each subject will be taken by Subject Experts.
Hand-outs for specific Prelims topics will be given for quick revision.
Each Class will be of 3 hours duration followed by 1 hour Test on topics discussed in the class. In total 4 hours/day will be taken.
Please note that,
- There will be no classes on Sunday’s. We believe that timely breaks are important for Revision and rejuvenation.
- All the Subjects and Daily Tests will be completed by 28th March, 2020!
- In the month of April, there will be –
- 3 Exclusive Tests on Map-based, Economic Survey, Budget
- 6 Revision Tests
- 5 Mock Tests (3 Mock Tests in April, 2 Mock Tests in May month)
- 10 CSAT Tests + Discussion Classes on strategies and short-cuts
- 1 Class on April Current Affairs.
The Course Plan/Schedule can be downloaded at the end of the Post
5. Prelims oriented Current Affairs Classes & Tests (Weekly)
Every Week (i.e. on every Saturday) there will be a Current Affairs Class followed by a Test.
Initially, there will be 2 Current Affairs Background Classes – here we will be discussing important issues from Prelims Perspective from last 1 to 2 Years (2018, 2019).
From the 3rd Current Affairs Class, monthly Current Affairs will be focused starting from June 2019- April 2020.
In total there will be 14 Current Affairs Class and 12 Current Affairs Tests.
Each Class will be of 3 hours duration, followed by 1 hour Test. In total 4 hours/day will be taken on every Saturday.
Please check the Schedule for timings of the class.
- 60 Subject wise Tests – as discussed in the 3rd Point
- 12 Current Affairs Test – as discussed in the 4th Point
- 3 Exclusive Tests on Map-based, Economic Survey, Budget
- 6 Revision Tests on Polity, Geography, Economics, History, Art & Culture, Science & Tech and Environment
- 5 Mock Tests
- 10 CSAT Tests
Total= Close to 100 Tests + Solving 300-500 mcq’s (in Strategy Classes) on Real time basis– Applying techniques and tricks!
Total = Close to 100 Classes (300 hours)
To Download The Course Plan/Schedule -> CLICK HERE
- The Programme will start from 2nd January, 2020 (Thursday).
- PEP is available BOTH OFFLINE (Only in DELHI) and ONLINE.
- In Bangalore Centre – Students can avail ONLINE Classes & Tests with OFFLINE Mentorship (Mentors will be available at our Bangalore Centre)
- Also, Prelims Strategy Classes -these classes will be held from Monday to Saturday (1-Week Program) whererin Only 30 students per batch will be taken is available BOTH OFFLINE (DELHI & BANGALORE) and ONLINE
EXCLUSIVE FOR ONLINE MODE:
- A Separate platform will be designed for this initiative. Discussion Classes and Tests will be uploaded on this Platform by the end of the day on Daily-basis.
- Mentorship will be available over phone call.
- Though the Tests are flexible, we would advise you to stick to the schedule to ensure discipline in your preparation.
- Once the payment is done, an acknowledgment will be sent immediately. You will receive the login credentials by 31st December, 2019. But the platform will be ACTIVE on 1st Jan, 2020.
MODE OF ADMISSION / ENROLLMENT::
The entire PEP Programme will cost you Rs. 18,880/- (inclusive of Tax)
Price: Rs.16,000 + 18% GST = Rs.18,880/-
You can avail the Programme on À la carte basis as well. Find the payment links below:
- 14 Current Affairs Class (includes 2 Current Affairs Background Classes)
- 12 Current Affairs Tests
- 3 Exclusive Tests on Map-based, Government Schemes/Policies, Economic Survey, Budget
Your payment confirms your admission!
Once the payment is done, you can take the print copy of online payment and come to centre along with 2 passport sized photographs, Aadhar card or 10th standard marks card and fill the application form.
Direct Walk-in: You can visit any of the following centres for admissions or related enquiries: And get enrolled.
- Chandra Layout Centre: No. 1443/1444, Above Carzspa, 80 Ft. Main Road, Ganapathi Circle, Chandra Layout, Bengaluru- 560040
- Vijayanagar Centre: 1737/ 37, MRCR Layout, Vijayanagar Service Road, Vijayanagar, Bengaluru-5660040. Landmark: Behind Vijayanagar Metro, above Aptronix.
- 5B, PUSA Road, Opposite to Metro Pillar 110, Karol Bagh, New Delhi -110005 (Landmark: CROMA Store)
For any Queries:
You can also reach us on
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bengaluru: 9035077800/7353177800 ( Office Timings: 10 am – 5.30 pm)
Delhi: +91 11-41678500/+91 11-41672600 ( Office Timings: 10 am – 5.30 pm)
NOTE- Please do not make calls before or after the given timing
If you are interested ONLY in IASbaba’s All India Prelims Test Series -> CLICK HERE
“The programme teaches you how to hunt, rather than feeding you the hunt.”
PEP is a ONE STOP DESTINATION FOR PRELIMS PREPARATION ….!!!