NH 66 expansion hit more lives, ecology than estimated
Part of: GS Prelims –Economy and GS-III- Infrastructure
- The expansion of National Highway 66 (NH 66) from Karwar to Kundapura has impacted many more lives and livelihoods of coastal families of Uttara Kannada
- It was argued that the construction of the highway would bring development in all areas it passed through and led to economic growth of the region
- The project Environment Impact Assessment (EIA) report did not estimate the population that would be affected by environmental impacts, instead giving only the estimate of people who would be affected by land acquisition for the project.
From Prelims Point of View:
- Runs roughly north–south along the western coast of India
- Connects Panvel (a city south of Mumbai) to Cape Comorin (Kanyakumari),
- Passing through the states of Maharashtra, Goa, Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :