Non-operation of MPLADS fund approved
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Polity; Health
- The Central government has approved Non-operation of MPLADS for two years (2020-21 and 2021-22) for managing COVID 19.
- These funds will be used to strengthen Government’s efforts in managing the challenges and adverse impact of COVID19 in the country.
Important value additions:
- It is a scheme formulated by the Government of India that enables the members of parliaments (MP) to recommend developmental work in their constituencies.
- The emphasis is on creating durable community assets based on locally felt needs.
- The Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MOSPI) looks into its working.
- The funds released under the scheme are non-lapsable.
- The annual MPLADS fund entitlement per MP constituency is Rs. 5 crore.