For Previous TLP (ARCHIVES) – CLICK HERE
There are 20 questions. All questions are compulsory.
Marks and word limit have been indicated against the question.
The duration for the test is 180 minutes.
The answers must not exceed 150 words for 10 markers and 250 for 15 markers.
Content is more important than the number of words.
1. The tradition of folk paintings is deeply rooted in India’s rural lifestyle. Illustrate with the help of suitable examples.
2. Over a period of time, India’s classical and folk music have intermingled to create forms that take elements from both classics and folk. Comment.
3. The classical Sanskrit is the vehicle of Indian culture. Do you agree? Substantiate.
4. Discuss the causes and significance of working class movements during India’s freedom struggle.
5. How did the formation of the Muslim League impact the freedom struggle? Critically analyse.
6. Why did the Congress accept the partition of the country? Was it a good decision? Critically comment.
7. What according to you were the three most important achievements during the era of Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru as the Prime Minister? How did these achievements shape India’s future in the long run? Analyse.
8. Why is the Shah Bano controversy a watershed in India’s history as a secular nation? Examine.
9. What were the factors that led to the emergence of coalition era in India’s politics? What was its impact on India’s polity and economy? Critically evaluate.
10. Examine the factors that led to the emergence of modern Turkey.
11. The outbreak of the First World War gave Japan the opportunity to realise her imperialistic design in the far East. Elucidate.
12. What was the background behind the rise of Fascism in Europe post WWI? Analyse. How did it change the course of history? Comment.
13. Will it be prudent and sensible to enact a population control legislation? Critically comment.
14. How is the concept of ‘consent’ transforming the relationship between men and women? Analyse in the light of India’s social context.
15. What are the latest achievements of the present Government in addressing the challenge of regionalism in the North-East? Discuss.
16. Explain the concept of ‘city’ as a space for demonstrating constructive dissent. Do you think people get overboard while showing dissent and thereby disrupt city life? Critically comment.
17. Would you agree with the assertion that the issues of CAA, NRC and NPR have further communalised the society? Substantiate your views.
18. What role does caste play in the economic deprivation of the poor? Has there been any development on this front? Discuss.
19. While discussing their significance, examine the distribution of precious and strategic minerals in the Indian subcontinent.
20. What is the source of salinity in the oceans? Explain. Also, discuss the concept of salt budget.
All the Best 🙂