India-Japan Logistics Agreement
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – International Relations
- Recently Logistics Agreement was signed between India and Japan.
- It is aimed at greater maritime cooperation.
- It can upgrade India-Japan naval exercises.
- It establishes the enabling framework for closer cooperation between the armed forces of both countries in reciprocal provision of supplies and services.
- It will also enhance the interoperability, assistance in maintaining regional security and further increase the bilateral defence engagements.
- It will remain in force for 10 years and will be automatically extended for periods of 10 years unless one of the parties decides to end it.