Bagasara Prant: A new district to be created in Gujarat
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Policies and Interventions
- Gujarat Chief Minister has decided to create a new Bagasara Prant in Amreli district.
- This will take the state’s revenue services nearer to the people and provide services faster.
- The newly created Bagasara Prant would come into effect on 26th January, which includes Bagasara and Vadiya talukas in it.
- Since the districts with larger geographical areas cause inconvenience to the people, the state government has been reorganizing smaller districts and talukas for administrative convenience, faster development, reducing workload as well as saving the people’s time.
Do you know?
- Prants are traditional names for parts of historical regions, such as the original ten regions of Kathiawad on Saurashtra peninsula in Gujarat.