Production Linked Incentive Scheme For IT Hardware
Part of: GS Prelims and GS- III – Economy; Manufacturing sector
- The Union Cabinet has approved the Production Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme for IT Hardware.
- The scheme proposes PLI to boost domestic manufacturing and attract large investments in the value chain of IT Hardware.
- The Scheme shall extend an incentive of 4% to 2% on net incremental sales (over base year 2019-20) of goods manufactured in India and covered under the target segment, for 4 years.
- It will benefit 5 major global players and 10 domestic champions in the field of IT Hardware manufacturing including Laptops, Tablets, All-in-One PCs, and Servers.
Do you know?
- Currently, the laptop and tablet demand in India is largely met through imports worth billions of dollars.