SWACHH ICONIC PLACES
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – I – Culture & GS – III – Environment
- 12 iconic sites under Phase IV of Swachh Iconic Places (SIP) were recently announced.
- Ministry: The Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation (DDWS), Ministry of Jal Shakti in association with the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA), Ministry of Tourism, Ministry of Culture and the concerned State/UT governments.
Important value additions
- Swachh Iconic Places (SIP) is an initiative of Swachh Bharat Mission Grameen (SBM-G)
- Aim: To transform the iconic heritage, spiritual and cultural places as ‘Swachh Tourist Destinations’ in India.
- Objective: To achieve a distinctly higher level of Sanitation/Cleanliness at these places
- The places are:
- Ajanta Caves, Maharashtra
- Sanchi Stupa, Madhya Pradesh
- Kumbhalgarh Fort, Rajasthan
- Jaisalmer Fort, Rajasthan
- Ramdevra, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan
- Golconda Fort, Hyderabad, Telangana
- Sun Temple, Konark, Odisha
- Rock Garden, Chandigarh
- Dal Lake, Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir
- Banke Bihari Temple, Mathura, Uttar Pradesh
- Agra Fort, Agra, Uttar Pradesh
- Kalighat Temple, West Bengal