Municipal Performance Index (MPI) 2020
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – II – Policies and interventions; Governance
- Municipal Performance Index (MPI) 2020 was announced recently.
- Ministry: Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- Million+ category: Indore (1st) followed by Surat and Bhopal.
- Less than Million: New Delhi Municipal Council followed by Tirupati and Gandhinagar.
- The MPI examined the sectoral performance of 111 municipalities across five verticals.
- The five verticals are: Services, Finance, Policy, Technology and Governance.