QS World University Rankings 2021
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – II – International Relations; Education
- QS World University Rankings were announced recently.
- As many as 25 courses by Indian universities have figured in the top 100 globally,
- Three IITs have entered the top 100 engineering institutes.
- Engineering and technology category: IIT-Bombay – 49th position; IIT Delhi (54) and IIT Madras (94).
- MIT, USA has retained its top position.
- Natural Sciences: Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore – 92nd; IIT Bombay (114), IIT Madras (187), and IIT Delhi (210).
- Petroleum engineering programme: IIT-Madras – 30th;
- Mineral and mining engineering: IIT-Bombay – 41st; IIT-Kharagpur – 44th
- Life sciences and medicine: AIIMS – 248th.
- Arts and humanities: JNU – 159th, Delhi University- 252nd
- social sciences and management category: Delhi University – 208th
Do you know?
- QS Rankings by subject calculate performance based on four parameters — academic reputation, employer reputation, research impact and the productivity of an institution’s research faculty.
- These rankings offer independent data on the performance of 253 programmes at 52 Indian higher education institutions, across 51 academic disciplines.