Launch of Poshan Gyan
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – II – Health
- Poshan Gyan was launched recently.
- It is a national digital repository on health and nutrition.
- Launched by: NITI Aayog, in partnership with Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and Centre for Social and Behaviour Change, Ashoka University,
- The Poshan Gyan repository is conceptualized as a resource.
- It shall enable search of communication materials on 14 thematic areas of health and nutrition across diverse languages, media types, target audiences and sources
- Content for the repository was sourced from the Ministries of Health and Family Welfare and Women and Child Development and developmental organizations
- It introduces a unique crowdsourcing feature that allows anyone to submit communication material for inclusion on the website, followed by a review by a designated committee.