MoU between Spices Board India and UNDP India
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – III – Economy; Supply chains
- Spices Board India and UNDP India’s Accelerator Lab signed a MoU.
- Aim: To build a blockchain based traceability interface for Indian spices to enhance transparency in supply chain and trade.
- It will start with over 3,000 farmers engaged in chilli and turmeric farming in select Districts of Andhra Pradesh.
- Blockchain is a decentralized process of recording transactions on an open and shared electronic ledger.
- This allows for ease and transparency in data management across a complex network, including, farmers, brokers, distributors, retailers and consumers, thus simplifying the supply chain.
Do you know?
- Spices Board is one of the five Commodity Boards functioning under the Ministry of Commerce & Industry.
- It is an autonomous body.
- It is responsible for the export promotion of the 52 scheduled spices and development of Cardamom (Small & Large).