e-ILP platform launched in Manipur
Part of: GS Prelims and GS- III – Security
Context Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh recently launched electronic Inner Line Permit (ILP) counters
- Imphal, Jiribam and Mao Centers have been inaugurated.
- Under the portal, a person from outside the state can apply online for ILP and get the permit from issuing centres after onsite verification.
- The e-ILP tracking system has been developed to mend the loopholes in the procedures adopted to issue the permit and its tracking system.
- It has a comprehensive dashboard system that would actively show information such as number of people entering the state on a particular date and time and graphical break-up based presentation of people visiting through different entry gates.
- The system is also enabled with automated generation of a defaulted list of people who have overstayed beyond the permitted number of days as per the permit.
- The ILP system came into effect in Manipur on January 1, 2020.
What is Inner Line Permit system?
- ILP is an official travel document issued to allow inward travel of an Indian citizen into a protected area for a limited period.
- It is obligatory for Indian citizens from outside those states to obtain a permit for entering into the protected state.
- Currently, Protected Areas are located in the following States:
- Whole of Arunachal Pradesh
- Parts of Himachal Pradesh
- Parts of Jammu & Kashmir
- Whole of Manipur
- Whole of Mizoram
- Whole of Nagaland
- Parts of Rajasthan
- Whole of Sikkim (partly in Protected Area and partly in Restricted Area)
- Parts of Uttarakhand
- Any person is entitled to renew his permit every six months if he is not a native in these states despite the fact that he/she is a long-term resident.
- It also regulates the movement to certain areas located near the international borders of India.
- It is issued by the concerned states coming under the protection of ILP.