Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA)
Part of: Prelims and GS-II International Relations and GS-III Defence and security
Context: India and France shall conclude a deal soon for the joint development of a 125KN engine for the indigenous fifth generation Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA) under development.
- The collaboration is between the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and French engine maker Safran.
About Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA)
- The Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA) is an Indian programme to develop fifth generation fighter aircraft for the Indian Air Force and the Indian Navy.
- It will also include sixth generation niche technologies.
- The aircraft, along with its naval variant, is intended to provide the bulk of the manned tactical airpower over the coming decades.
- AMCA would be the third supersonic jet of Indian origin after the HAL Marut and HAL Tejas.
News Source: TH