1. Inclusion and equity are the most important yardsticks for measuring the impact of good governance. Do you agree? Explain with the help of suitable examples. (10 marks)
सुशासन के प्रभाव को मापने के लिए समावेश और समानता सबसे महत्वपूर्ण मानदंड हैं। क्या आप सहमत हैं? उपयुक्त उदाहरणों की सहायता से स्पष्ट कीजिए।
Candidates need to write about the good governance and how inclusion and equity is important for measuring good governance explaining it with examples initiative related to equity and inclusiveness.
Good governance can be referred as an effective and efficient process of decision making and the process by which decisions are implemented keeping the amelioration of citizens as the topmost priority. Equity and Inclusiveness are important aspect in good governance.
Inclusion and equity as yardstick to measure impact of good governance initiative:
- To increase the equity and inclusiveness focused interventions in the field of health and nutrition, education, agriculture and water management, financial inclusion and skill development is carried out.
- The government takes care of interests of all its citizens and special care is given for most vulnerable groups such as minorities, SC/STs, women, etc. So that they don’t feel side-lined from the mainstream.
- For example Aspirational Districts Programme to transform the lives of people in the under-developed areas of the county in a time bound manner.
- People get opportunities to improve or maintain their well-being. For Example affirmative policies for women Maternity benefit law, children poshan abhiyan and backward classes.
- The government implemented different welfare policies like PDS, NRHM, MGNREGA, Prime Minister’s Jan Dhan Yojana, etc. Which are very influential for good governance.
- A society’s well being depends on ensuring that all its members feel that they have a stake in it and do not feel excluded from the mainstream of society. For example Aadhar ensuring targeted delivery, eliminating ghost beneficiaries.
- Inclusiveness requires that interests, aspirations and opinions of all individuals and groups living in a society must be taken into consideration while formulating certain policies and programmes meant for the society.
- Some of the features of the present politics in India are use of caste and religion to influence the population. These aspects work against the principle of equity and can be used as a tool to incite violence against a particular section of society.
As a practice of good governance, it has been always incorporated in India to – ‘wiping every tear from every eyes’ to the latest objective of ‘Sabka sath sabka vikas’. Through innovative partnerships with an international organization, civil societies, and private companies, equity and inclusiveness can be attained.