Aim of the Scheme: To empower and enhance confidence among minority women by generating awareness about women rights and interventions for ‘Leadership Development’.
- A six-day non-residential/five-day residential training programme conducted
- For women belonging to minority community between the age group of 18 years to 65 years.
- The training modules cover areas related to: Health and Hygiene, Legal Rights of Women, Financial Literacy, Digital Literacy, Swachch Bharat, Life Skills, and Advocacy for Social and Behavioural changes.
- Impact: Since inception, about 4.35 lakh beneficiaries have been trained under the ‘Nai Roshni’ scheme.
- Implementation: The selected PIAs are required to implement the project directly through their organizational set-up in the locality/ village/ area in which training is conducted.
Do you know?
- In Seekho Aur Kamao (Learn & Earn) Scheme, 33% of the total beneficiaries are women.
- Similarly in the Nai Manzil scheme, 30% of the total beneficiaries are women.
These schemes help in the economic empowerment of the Minority women.