Science and Technology
Context: Recently, Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways unveiled Skye UTM, confirmed as the most cutting-edge unmanned traffic management system in the world.
About Skye UTM:
- It is a Cloud-based aerial traffic management system.
- It integrates unmanned air traffic with manned aviation airspace.
- It is capable of handling 4,000 flights per hour.
- In a day, it can handle 96,000 flights.
- It will help drone operators with situational awareness, autonomous navigation, traffic management and risk assessment.
- It will aid in real-time monitoring and speed up highway construction while keeping a check on fatal road accidents.
- It will display real-time UAV movements and provide verified paths.
- It captures over 255 parameters of UAV movements and stored them in its ‘Blackbox’.
- Blackbox: small machine on an aircraft that records the details of each flight and is useful for finding out the cause of a plane crash
- It will offer the first 3D view of drone airspace.
Source: Business Standard
Previous Year Questions
Q.1) Consider the following:
- Aarogya Setu
Which of the above are built on top of open-source digital platforms? (2022)
- 1 and 2 only
- 2, 3 and 4 only
- 1, 3 and 4 only
- 1, 2, 3 and 4
Q.2) Consider the following communication technologies:
- Closed-circuit Television
- Radio Frequency Identification
- Wireless Local Area Network
Which of the above are considered of the Short-Range devices/technologies? (2022)
- 1 and 2 only
- 2 and 3 only
- 1 and 3 only
- 1, 2 and 3
For a dedicated peer group, Motivation & Quick updates, Join our official telegram channel – https://t.me/IASbabaOfficialAccount
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE to watch Explainer Videos, Strategy Sessions, Toppers Talks & many more…