With reference to the religious history of medieval India, the Sufi mystics were known to pursue which of the following practices? (2012)
1. Meditation and control of breath
2. Severe ascetic exercises in a lonely place
3. Recitation of holy songs to arouse a state of ecstasy in their audience
Select the correct answer using the codes given below :
(a) 1 and 2 only
(b) 2 and 3 only
(c) 3 only
(d) 1, 2 and 3
Consider the following Bhakti Saints: (2013)
2. Guru Nanak
Who among the above was/were preaching when the Lodi dynasty fell and Babur took over?
(a) 1 and 3
(b) 2 only
(c) 2 and 3
(d) 1 and 2
Consider the following statements: (2014)
- ‘Bijak’ is a composition of the teachings of Saint Dadu Dayal.
- The Philosophy of Pushti Marg was propounded by Madhvacharya.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
- 1 only
- 2 only
- Both 1 and 2
- Neither 1 nor 2
Ibadat Khana at Fatehpur Sikri was (2014)
- the mosque for the use of Royal Family
- Akbar’s private chamber prayer
- the hall in which Akbar held discussions with scholars of various religions.
- the room in which the nobles belonging to different religions gathered to discuss religious affairs.
In medieval India, the designations ‘Mahattara’ and ‘Pattakila’ were used for (2014)
- military officers
- village headmen
- specialists in Vedic rituals
- chiefs of craft guilds
Note: A few questions from Medieval History, overlaps with Indian Culture, so those questions are segregated under ‘Culture’