TLP Mains 2015
Must Refer– Comprehensive Mains Strategy Weekly Plans
Day 42 – TLP: GS Mains MINI TEST
1) India’s description as “an engine of the South” rests less on its emergence as a leader and more on the size of its footprints in the developing world. Critically comment.
2) The practice of putting up policies for public feedback is a good effort in enabling a consultative governance. Discuss.
3) Mining and deforestation are two sides of the same coin. Do you agree? Is it possible to ensure socio- economic development without adversely affecting the environment? Discus.
4) Comment on the viability of new-age diesel engines and the impact on Indian Consumers w.r.t the sophisticated software algorithms deployed to exhibit full emission control when subject to a pollution test.
5) Can family be a substitute to the party’s institutional mechanism to bring about a social transformation? Critically examine the dominance of ‘kin and clan’ politics practiced in India.
6) ) Is it a bad scenario for a nation trying to reinvent itself as a new knowledge hub despite being stuck at the fringes of the higher education scene? Discuss
7) As part of the government’s efforts to repeal obsolete laws and reform India’s legal system, the government has introduced The Appropriation Acts (Repeal) Bill, 2015. How far this will bring consitency in India’s legal system? Elaborate.
8) Using the optimal potential of rural employment to build water security is the most viable and long lasting strategy to impart resilience to Indian agriculture. Discuss.
9) Social and agro- forestry are the best tools for providing livelihood alternatives in rural areas and also maintaining carbon levels within sustainable limits. Critically comment.
10) The River Interlinking Project (RIP), if not suitably modified to Indian physiography and climate, is fraught with severe ecological hazards. In light of the given statement, analyse the pros and cons of RIP in India.
11) What are the disadvantages of sub-regionalism for the overall growth of SAARC nations?
12) How did Socrates establish the primacy of free thinking and moral courage in public life? What do you mean by ‘speaking truth to power’?
13) How does dilemma define our moral attitude?
14) To what extent does human dignity influence the idea of human rights?
For a dedicated peer group, Motivation & Quick updates, Join our official telegram channel – https://t.me/IASbabaOfficialAccount
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE to watch Explainer Videos, Strategy Sessions, Toppers Talks & many more…