Q.1) Tehri dam is often in news as the rising level of inflow into the dam is a cause for concern. Consider the below statements in regard to the dam and the associated river:
- The Tehri Dam is the tallest dam in India, constructed over Bhagirathi River.
- Bhagirathi River merges with Alaknanda River at Devaprayag to form Ganges River.
- The Bhagirathi rises at the foot of Gangotri Glacier, at Gomukh.
Select the correct statement(s) from the code given below:
- 2 and 3 only
- 1 and 2 only
- 1 and 3 only
- 1, 2 and 3
Q.2) Recently an Annual meeting of the New Champions or the Summer Davos had taken place in China. Identify the theme of the forum from the following options-
- Reforms in the IMF
- Men for Women Campaign
- Fourth industrial revolution
- Sustainable Development Goals of developing countries
Q.3) Which of the following states have been adjudged as the cleanest state in NSSO’s Cleanliness Survey?
Q.4) Consider the following statements:
- Gravitational Waves were discovered through LIGO project.
- Union Cabinet has given approval for LIGO observatory to be built in Maharashtra, which will be first LIGO observatory outside US.
Which of the above statements are correct?
- 1 only
- 2 only
- Both 1 and 2
- Neither 1 nor 2
Q.5) Kaveri river passes through which of the following states?
- Tamil Nadu
Select the code from the following:
- 1,2 and 3
- 2,3 and 4
- 2 and 3
- 3 and 4
Download the Solution- Click here
All the best