Q.1) Tehri dam is often in news as the rising level of inflow into the dam is a cause for concern. Consider the below statements in regard to the dam and the associated river:
- The Tehri Dam is the tallest dam in India, constructed over Bhagirathi River.
- Bhagirathi River merges with Alaknanda River at Devaprayag to form Ganges River.
- The Bhagirathi rises at the foot of Gangotri Glacier, at Gomukh.
Select the correct statement(s) from the code given below:
- 2 and 3 only
- 1 and 2 only
- 1 and 3 only
- 1, 2 and 3
Q.2) Recently an Annual meeting of the New Champions or the Summer Davos had taken place in China. Identify the theme of the forum from the following options-
- Reforms in the IMF
- Men for Women Campaign
- Fourth industrial revolution
- Sustainable Development Goals of developing countries
Q.3) Which of the following states have been adjudged as the cleanest state in NSSO’s Cleanliness Survey?
Q.4) Consider the following statements:
- Gravitational Waves were discovered through LIGO project.
- Union Cabinet has given approval for LIGO observatory to be built in Maharashtra, which will be first LIGO observatory outside US.
Which of the above statements are correct?
- 1 only
- 2 only
- Both 1 and 2
- Neither 1 nor 2
Q.5) Kaveri river passes through which of the following states?
- Tamil Nadu
Select the code from the following:
- 1,2 and 3
- 2,3 and 4
- 2 and 3
- 3 and 4
Download the Solution- Click here
All the best
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :