Think Learn & Perform (TLP) : Geography [Day 6]
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Planning for sustainable development
- Trans-frontier responsibility
- Inter-generational equity
- Trickle down
3. Economic development has to take into consideration the environmental aspects which pose the problem of whether to chose from affluence and effluence, economy or environment and also consumption or environmental quality. Elucidate. (20 marks)
4. What are the principal factors leading to regional imbalance? Also discuss the Myrdal-Hirchman prognosis of regional imbalance. (15 marks)
5. Can globalization address regional imbalance? Critically examine. (15 marks)
Note: No separate links will be provided for answering the questions. All questions can be answered on the same page.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :