Think Learn & Perform (TLP) : Geography [Day 32]
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Krishna river
- Wheeler island
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Central business district (CBD)
- Central Place Theory of Losch
- Urban development
- Urban growth
3. Discuss Central Place Theory and its applicability and limitations with respect to Indian cities. (20 marks)
4. The notion of urban development has to change in order to make possible the synthesis of urban space and its actual developmental potential. Critically examine the statement in light of the recent initiative of smart cities. (15 marks)
5. Write a short note on the hierarchy of urban settlements. How does this concept help in the planning process? (15 marks)
Note: No separate links will be provided for answering the questions. All questions can be answered on the same page.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :