Think Learn & Perform (TLP) : Geography [Day 35]
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Bundelkhand region
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Urban sprawl
- E-waste generation in urban areas
- Counter urbanisation
3. Discuss the characteristics of conurbations. What are the various types of conurbations? Also discuss their distribution. (20 marks)
4. Discuss the factors contributing to urbanisation. (Please be very careful in such straight forward questions. This could have been a question in GS paper I also. But here, your answer must reflect the discipline of geography) (15 marks)
5. Discuss the concepts of suburbanisation and urban sprawl. Which factors have led to the growth of urban sprawl? Examine. (15 marks)
Note: No separate links will be provided for answering the questions. All questions can be answered on the same page.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :