Think Learn & Perform (TLP) : Geography [Day 54]
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Pulicat lake
- Jongsong peak
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Make in India
- Objectives of Industrial Policy
- Industrial regionalisation
- Problems of various Industrial complexes of India
- Labour as a component of industrial policy
3. The performance of PSUs in India has been a mixed bag. Do you agree? Which are the sectors in which PSUs have performed well? Also identify the sectors where the performance of PSUs has been sub optimal. Why such difference occurs? Analyse. (20 marks)
4. What are the merits and limitations of the current industrial policy? Do you think the industrial policy needs an overhaul? Why? Examine. (15 marks)
5. Write a short note on the industrial houses of India. (15 marks)
Note: No separate links will be provided for answering the questions. All questions can be answered on the same page.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :