TLP OPTIONAL – 2017 : Medical Science [29th July, 2017] – Day 18
1. Explain the biophysical role of vitamins in the prevention of megaloblastic anaemia. State their dietary sources.
2. Explain with the aid of flowchart, how metabolic pathways are integrated in starvation.
3. State the salient features of human DNA. Outline the steps involved in synthesis of eukaryotic DNA. Mention the major goals of Human Genome Project.
4. Outline the steps involved in recombinant DNA technology. State the applications in medicine.
5. Describe with the aid of a flow chart the metabolism of any of the aromatic amino acids. Indicate the associated metabolic defects. How can be diagnosed by laboratory methods?
6. Describe in brief the functions of plasma proteins. Where are they synthesized? Give the role of serum electrophoresis in the diagnosis of various diseases with the help of diagrams.