TLP Political Science & IR Optional 2017 [10th July]: Day 1
1. Political theory is both prescriptive and explanatory. Comment. Discuss the major aspects and scope of Political theory.
2. Discuss decline of the political theory debate. To what extent is it appropriate to use the term ‘science’ for the discipline of political science?
3. Discuss the criticism of structural-functional approach. How is it an improvement over systems approach?
4. The executive of the modern state is but a committee for managing the common affairs of the modern bourgeoisie. Discuss the statement with respect to the Marxist theory of state.
5. Critically examine the pluralist perspective of state. What is reasonable pluralism?