TLP OPTIONAL – 2017 : Medical Science [26th Aug, 2017] – Day 36
1. Am elderly women is bedridden for four weeks because of a fractured hip. She is brought to the casualty with sudden onset of breathlessness.
(a) Enumerate the possible causes of breathlessness in this case.
(b) Describe the management of acute pulmonary embolism.
2. A 50 year old male, chronic heavy alcoholic for 20 years was administered aspirin for headache, following which he suffered from massive hematemesis.
(a) Enumerate the causes of hematemesis in this case.
(b) How will you manage this case.
3. A young adult presents with history of headache, fever, vomiting and altered sensorium for 5 days. On examination, neck rigidity is present.
(a) What is your diagnosis? List the common organisms that cause this condition.
(b) What findings do you expect on csf examination?
(c) List the drugs that are used to manage this case.
4. What is unstable angina? How will you manage a patient with unstable angina?
5. What is empyema? Discuss the management of a case with empyema.