TLP Geography Optional 2018 [19th July]: Day
We are here once again with the online answer writing initiative for Geography Optional. The initiative will run for 50 days stretched in 10 weeks. On a daily basis, 5 questions shall be posted. Please note that no synopsis or review shall be provided. However, we encourage peer review.
You can download the schedule here.
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Jhelum river
- National Waterway 1
- Thal Ghat
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Population as social capital
- China’s population policy
- Population and well being
- Pattern of rural settlement in Western Europe
3. Define urban sprawl. Also examine the extent, impact and future of this phenomenon in India? (20 marks)
4. Write a short essay on ‘World population problems of the 21st century’. (15 marks)
5. Why do slums evolve in urban areas? Examine the problems associated with slums. How can those be addressed? (15 marks)