TLP Geography Optional 2018 [5th July]: Day 4
We are here once again with the online answer writing initiative for Geography Optional. The initiative will run for 50 days stretched in 10 weeks. On a daily basis, 5 questions shall be posted. Please note that no synopsis or review shall be provided. However, we encourage peer review.
You can download the schedule here.
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Kosi river
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Occidental realm
- Meso-African culture
- Islamic cultural realm
- Green growth
- Trans-frontier responsibility
3. Why are Indian farmers are committing suicide? Examine the economic and socio-cultural factors behind this phenomenon. (20 marks)
4. Do minimum wages ensure good quality of life for industrial workers? Critically examine. Also discuss the importance of social security for industrial workers. (15 marks)
5. Outline the significance of the Indo-Gangetic plains as a cultural hearth. (15 marks)