TLP Geography Optional 2018 [16th August]:
We are here once again with the online answer writing initiative for Geography Optional. The initiative will run for 50 days stretched in 10 weeks. On a daily basis, 5 questions shall be posted. Please note that no synopsis or review shall be provided. However, we encourage peer review.
You can download the schedule here.
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Tibet plateau
- Simlipal National Park
- Gandaki river
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Wildlife diversity of India
- Effects of global warming on polar climate
- Forest resources in North East
- Hydrological cycle
- Social forestry
3. Examine the factors behind long term climate change. How do human activities accentuate climate change? Discuss. (20 marks)
4. What is water stress? How is it related to hydrological cycle? Explain. (15 marks)
5. How do infrastructure projects affect animal habitat? Explain by taking examples. How can this be addressed? (15 marks)