TLP Geography Optional 2018 [21st August]:
We are here once again with the online answer writing initiative for Geography Optional. The initiative will run for 50 days stretched in 10 weeks. On a daily basis, 5 questions shall be posted. Please note that no synopsis or review shall be provided. However, we encourage peer review.
You can download the schedule here.
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Bannerghatta National Park
- Nagarjuna Sagar
- Hooghly River
- Chaukan pass
- Landfall Island
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Factors affecting salinity of sea water
- Heat budget of oceans
- Sinks of salt in oceans
- Ocean deposits
- Sources of salt in oceans
3. How do ownership and size of landholdings affect agricultural productivity? Analyse. (20 marks)
4. What do understand by institutional land reforms? Why are they important? (15 marks)
5. What is cooperative farming? How does it ensure effective land utilisation? Illustrate. (15 marks)
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Checkout some important links :