TLP Geography Optional 2018 [2nd August]: Day
We are here once again with the online answer writing initiative for Geography Optional. The initiative will run for 50 days stretched in 10 weeks. On a daily basis, 5 questions shall be posted. Please note that no synopsis or review shall be provided. However, we encourage peer review.
You can download the schedule here.
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Greater Himalayas
- National Waterway 4
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Communal violence and migration in India
- Migration of Kashmiri Pandits
- Problem of illegal migration in Assam
- Limitations of Rostov’s model of stages of growth
- Push factors of migration in the North East
3. Does Rostov’s model of stages of growth apply in a globalised world today? Critically examine. (20 marks)
4. Discuss the phenomenon of forced migration in India. (15 marks)
5. Have Indians been good migration across the globe? Do a critical evaluation. (15 marks)