India VIX index
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III-Economy
- In News: The India VIX index, a barometer for volatility, fell a little over 7%
- Volatility is often described as the “rate and magnitude of changes in prices” and in finance often referred to as risk.
- Volatility Index is a measure, of the amount by which an underlying Index is expected to fluctuate, in the near term.
- India VIX is the short name for the India Volatility Index, an index disseminated by the NSE (National Stock Exchange)
- It measures the degree of volatility or fluctuation that active traders expect in the Nifty50 over the next 30 days
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :