Indira Rasoi Yojana: Rajasthan
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Policies and interventions
- Recently, Indira Rasoi Yojana was in the news.
- Over 50 lakh people have benefited from the scheme in Rajasthan.
- The scheme was launched in August 2020.
- Aim: To provide nutritious food to the poor and needy twice a day at concessional rates.
- Under the scheme, each plate serves 100 grams of pulses and vegetables each, 250 grams of chapati and pickles.
- Implementation: Local voluntary organisations
- Monitoring: A committee headed by the District Collector monitors the scheme.
- A special app has also been created for monitoring the food quality.
- Target: To serve 1.34 lakh people per day in the state.