- GS-2: India and its neighbourhood- relations; Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements affecting India’s interests.
Context: The pandemic has brought to fore new possibilities for cooperation between India and the GCC countries more specifically in Health and Education Sector.
Gulf Cooperation Council
- It is political and economic alliance of six Middle Eastern countries—Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain, and Oman.
- The GCC was established in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, in May 1981.
- The purpose of the GCC is to achieve unity among its members based on their common objectives and their similar political and cultural identities, which are rooted in Arab and Islamic cultures.
Areas where India and GCC can cooperate for better future are:
Connecting the dots:
- On Gulf reconciliation summit: Click here