Foundation stone of the Integrated Solar Dryer and Pyrolysis pilot laid down
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Sci & tech; Waste management
- The foundation stone of the Integrated Solar Dryer and Pyrolysis pilot was laid by the Director, CSIR- Central Leather Research Institute (CLRI), Chennai.
- The pilot is part of the Indo-German project ‘Pyrasol’ launched to transform urban organic waste into biochar and energy in smart cities.
- It was awarded to CSIR-CLRI by the Indo-German Science & Technology Centre.
- It will ultimately lead to technology development for the joint processing of Fibrous Organic Waste (FOW) and Sewage Sludge (SS) of Indian smart cities into hygienic and highly valuable biochar associated with energy recovery, carbon sequestration and environmental improvement.
Do you know?
- Indo-German Science & Technology Centre (IGSTC) was established by India and Germany to facilitate Indo-German R&D networking with emphasis on industry participation, applied research and technology development.
- IGSTC through its flagship program ‘2+2 Projects’, catalyses innovation centric R&D projects by synergising the strength of research and academic institutions and public/private industries from India and Germany.