SAAMAR Campaign by Jharkhand government
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – II – Policies and interventions
- SAAMAR (Strategic Action for Alleviation of Malnutrition and Anemia Reduction) campaign has been launched by Jharkhand government to tackle malnutrition in the state.
- The campaign aims to identify anaemic women and malnourished children and converge various departments to effectively deal with the problem
- It has a 1000 days target, under which annual surveys will be conducted to track the progress.
- To tackle severe acute malnutrition children, every Anganwadi Centres will be engaged to identify these children and subsequently will be treated at the Malnutrition Treatment Centres.
- In the same process the anaemic women will also be listed and will be referred to health centres in serious cases.
- Angawadi’s Sahayika and Sevika will take them to the nearest Health Centre where they will be checked again and then registered on the portal of State Nutrition Mission.