MoU signed for Digital Transformation of Tribal Schools
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – II – Education
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs and Microsoft have signed MoU on Joint initiative for Digital Transformation of Tribal Schools
- Aim: To skill educators and students in next-generation digital technologies including Artificial Intelligence.
- Vision: To build an inclusive, skills-based economy,
- The MoU shall support digital transformation of schools such as Eklavya Model Residential Schools (EMRS) and Ashram Schools, which fall under the Ministry.
- Microsoft will make AI curriculum available to tribal students in both English and Hindi at all EMRS schools under the Ministry.
- This program will benefit students in terms of readiness, preparedness at various international forums.
- In the first phase, 250 EMRS schools have been adopted by Microsoft out of which 50 EMRS schools will be given intensive training and 500 master trainers would be trained.
- Teachers across states in India will be trained in a phased manner.