Online Module for Compiling Out-of-School Children’s Data
Part of: GS Prelims and GS -II – Education; Policies and Interventions
- The Ministry of Education has developed an online module for compiling out-of-school (due to Covid-19 pandemic) children’s data identified by each State/UT.
- The collected data will be mapped with special training centres on the PRABANDH portal of Samagra Shiksha.
About the Module
- Through the module, the government will facilitate age-appropriate admissions of children in the age group of 6-14 years.
- For out of school children in the 16-18 years age group, financial assistance will be provided in the session 2021-22.
About PRABANDH Portal
- PRABANDH (PRoject Appraisal, Budgeting, Achievements and Data Handling System) is a step towards utilising technology to increase efficiency and manage the implementation.
- It will enable transparency and accuracy.
- It is an integrated scheme for school education extending from pre-school to class XII
- Objective: To ensure inclusive and equitable quality education at all levels of school education.
- It subsumes the three Schemes: Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA), Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA) and Teacher Education (TE).
- Main emphasis: Improving the quality of school education by focussing on the two T’s – Teacher and Technology.