National Single Window System for Investors and Businesses
Part of: GS-Prelims
In News: National Single Window System for Investors and Businesses launched. The system is envisioned to address information asymmetry, duplication of information submitted across platforms and authorities and inefficient tracking of approvals and registration faced by investors.
- Will usher in Azadi from legacy of running to Govt. offices for approvals and registrations – A single interface between businesses & Govt at national level
- To have solutions for all at one click of the mouse through ‘End to End’ facilitation
- To bring transparency, accountability & responsiveness in the ecosystem and all information will be available on a single dashboard.
- 18 Central Departments, 9 States already boarded. 14 Central depts. & 5 states will be added
- Set up an Investment Clearance Cell (ICC) that will provide “end to end” facilitation and support to investors, including pre-investment advisory, provide information related to land banks and facilitate clearances at Centre and State level.
Current Status: Extensive testing by Ministries/States is ongoing, and will continue for next three months to stabilize & optimize the platform.
Must Read: TLP-Governance
News Source: PIB