Solar Ironing Cart
Part of: Prelims and Mains GS-III: Climate Change
In News: A 15-year-old girl from Tamil Nadu, who was recognized Earth Day Network Rising Star 2021 (USA) for her idea of ‘Solar Ironing Cart’, has exhorted the world to move towards clean energy during the recently concluded COP 26.
- A mobile ironing cart, which uses solar panels to power a steam iron box
- It eliminates the need for coal for ironing bringing about a welcome shift towards clean energy. End users can move around and offer services at doorstep for increasing their daily earning.
- The ironing cart can also be fitted with a coin-operated GSM PCO, USB charging points and mobile recharging which can fetch extra income.
- It is an ingenious solar-powered alternative for the millions of charcoal burning ironing carts for pressing clothes and can benefit the workers and their families.
- The device can also be powered by pre-charged batteries, electricity or diesel-powered generator in the absence of sunlight.
“I am not here to speak about the future, I am the future,” she said encouraging the world to move towards renewable energy and accelerating the journey which started with the innovation in 2019.
News Source: PIB
For a dedicated peer group, Motivation & Quick updates, Join our official telegram channel – https://t.me/IASbabaOfficialAccount
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE to watch Explainer Videos, Strategy Sessions, Toppers Talks & many more…